Wednesday, February 19, 2014

simple overnight oats

Hi, kids!

I have discovered something amazing!  And when I discover amazing things, I feel the need to share them…with you!  I found a recipe for overnight oats a while ago and tried it and was not at all impressed with how it turned out.  It was sufficiently tasty, but I found that the milk that I used didn’t absorb all the way and I had to heat the oats in the morning anyway.  Annoying.  Especially since the whole point of overnight oats is to skip all morning prep and just pull that bowl out of the fridge and chow down.


Anyway…focus.  I am sharing this recipe with you NOW because I found out that using unsweetened almond milk works a million kajillion times better than skim milk!  Whhhaaaat?!  I’m not sure why, but it seems to absorb better and although there is still a portion that is not absorbed, it is thicker than skim milk, so it doesn’t bother me as much.  It’s the ultimate lazy girl healthy breakfast!  Right up there with the Lazy Morning Girl’s Breakfast Muffins.  Yeah.  And they are SUPER FILLING…none of that “hungry an hour later” nonsense.

So here’s the scoop.  I’m going to give you the recipe and then you are going to try it and love it.  Got it?

Simple Overnight Oats
½ cup old fashioned oats
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
½-1 cup fresh berries/fruit (I prefer blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries)
½ tablespoon honey

Add oats, almond milk, and fruit to a bowl.  Refrigerate overnight.  In the morning drizzle with honey.  Eat and be merry.  :]


See?  Super simple.  It’s become my go-to breakfast recently.  It’s too easy.

Anyway, in other news…I have the best boyfriend ever who got me these for Valentine’s Day:


Isn’t he just the best?  AND he helped me shop for supps and pick out a couple flavors of protein to try and as a second Valentine’s gift, bought me NO-Xplode preworkout.  I have to admit, I am a little nervous about the preworkout though.  I guess we will see what happens!  So they are on the way and I can tell you more about them when I try them!

Stay fit!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment