Sunday, February 23, 2014

bootylicious & ab circuit

Hey all!

I have just a quick workout update to give!  I’ve been trying to get better about being COMMITTED to going to the gym and working hard.  My biggest challenge is when I come from work because I get limited breaks, on my feet all day, and sometime literally running around all day, so when it comes time to workout, I’m pooped and ready for bed.  That being said, I have tried to start snacking later in my shifts AND I’ve been using my preworkout, N.O.-Xplode, which has helped a bit, too. 

I just have a circuit to share with you that I tried today and, I won’t lie, it pooped me out.  However, I think that also has something to do with the fact that I lifted legs yesterday and upped my weights on almost all of my sets while maintaining the same number of reps.  THAT makes me happy!  It feels like progress, despite looking at these pics, I feel like I look the same.  :/



I don’t know about you, but I kind of hate cardio and cross training.  I would love to run outside, but it’s a) freezing and b)icy.  So I have been trying to do intervals on the elliptical, which is way more fun than going a constant speed.  However, still NOT that fun.  So I have started to pick up little plyo/bodyweight/ab/combo circuits to get my heart pumping.  Here was today’s:


Take a 2:00 break between sets.  Like I said, it was much more difficult than I anticipated, especially following a heavy lift yesterday.  I definitely need to get my cardio up here pretty soon though.  These muscles won’t mean much when they are hiding under unnecessary, stubborn fat!

Stay fit!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment