Tuesday, October 8, 2013

mom's garden ratatouille

Good evening!

We are in the second week of the #MTLFallChallenge and I can tell already that the circuit workouts are going to pretty much kick my ass.  I have really started to enjoy running lately, so today was my favorite day so far.  Then again, the first few circuits are always the worst when you are just getting back into them.

Anyway, keep following me as I keep up with the challenge on Instagram!

Today I want to share this great recipe for ratatouille that my mom and I make!  It's so delicious and you can serve it over white or brown rice as an entree or a side!  The best part though is that we have all of the ingredients in our garden!  The photo is terrible because I just snapped it quickly with my phone, but hopefully it still conveys the goodness!


Mom's Garden Ratatouille
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 zucchini, chopped
1/2 eggplant, chopped
4 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white pepper

In a large pot, saute the onion, green pepper, and garlic.  To the pan, add zucchini and eggplant and cook until tender crisp.  Add tomatoes and seasonings (to taste) and let cook for 5 minutes.  Serve over white or brown rice and sprinkle with freshly grated  Parmesan cheese.  Enjoy!

This version of ratatouille is super easy to make and is so flavorful, juicy, delicious, and loaded with fresh vegetables.

Stay fit!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment