Friday, October 4, 2013

blueberry banana bread

Hi all!

I don't about where you are, but here, it was a cloudy, crappy, rainy day.  Great day for sitting around, drinking coffee and listening to the rain....


I seriously sat on the computer for an hour sipping my coffee, looking out the window before I finally got off my butt and began altering my Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe!  I am still working on the brown sugar issue, but now it is egg-free!  I absolutely LOVE this recipe!  I am usually a banana bread purist, as my mom says, but I just adore the flavor that the blueberries add!  Slap a little bit of butter on it and it makes a great snack or dessert!  It's great to have a small piece warmed up while sitting in front of the (gas) fireplace, updating your blog!  :]

Anyway, here it is!  Enjoy!!


Blueberry Banana Bread

Ingredients:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
1 tbsp milled flax seed
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
3 bananas, very ripe
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
3 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large egg whites
1 tbsp applesauce
3/4 cup blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan and set aside. In medium bowl, stir together flour, oats, flax seed, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. In separate medium bowl, mash bananas with fork. Add brown sugar, water, vanilla, and applesauce. Mix until smooth. Combine wet and dry ingredients together for a somewhat smooth consistency. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cut yourself a piece and curl with a hot cup of coffee and enjoy!

On another note, today I went for about a 2.5 mile run and the hill that I run up at the beginning felt like NOTHING!  It was so great!  And I felt pretty good after the run too.  It reminded me of why I used to really enjoy running!  Tomorrow I work early (for once), so I will hopefully have a circuit workout to do and post for you all!

In addition, stay tuned next week for my homemade lasagna recipe to use the rest of your spaghetti sauce!

Stay fit!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment