Friday, December 18, 2015

make things happen

Hi, everyone! I shared my story on Facebook and on IG about a week ago, but I figured, why not share it here, too?!

But first, some inspiration that pertains to my story:

I’ve been assessing my lifestyle choices recently and I have some really exciting news to share. I am embarking on a new life journey as a Beachbody fitness coach! I’m sure there are some questions floating around out there, so I’m writing this now to share with you what has inspired me on to begin this journey and to offer you the opportunity to join me! First things, first…why am I doing this?

When I graduated college and I finished competing in sports, I had that, “what now?” moment. I had no experience with how to be healthy without sports, so I found myself trying to limit my caloric intake, eating all the wrong foods, and neglecting workouts. My energy levels dipped significantly, my confidence dropped, and my motivation was all but dried up. It’s totally embarrassing to admit, but there were days that I didn’t get off the couch for more than 2 hours. Total.

From the outside, I think I did a pretty good job of appearing totally normal and happy, but the choices I was making resulted in feelings of depression more days than not. I was waiting for a quick fix that wasn’t going to come. Key word: waiting.

This year, I realized that it is up to me to take charge of my life. In retrospect, I see that it’s not just about the weight, but how I feel and how that affects my entire life. My choices were impacting my health, my relationships, and even my job performance.

I can’t help wondering if there are others out there who are facing the same struggles that I was facing. It breaks my heart to know how easy it is to get stuck in a deep rut and I am determined to prove to myself and to others that it is possible to climb out.

The best part about Beachbody challenges are that there is something for everyone and that they offer you all of the resources that you need to be successful, including nutrition and workouts, support and accountability— major roadblocks for me and for many others. I will be co-hosting a challenge group in January and I couldn’t be more excited! I invite anyone who is interested in joining me on this adventure to leave a comment below or shoot me an email at amfitness16@gmail.com.

Stay fit!

xoxo

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment