Monday, September 18, 2017

vegan crack sweet potatoes

Good morning!

Today I want to share with you a recipe that I am obsessed with.  I liked this recipe before the Whole30 and I like it even better now.  Vegan.  Crack.  Sweet.  Potatoes.  YUM.  Okay, so this recipe is super versatile and you can change up the ratios however you want.  If you like spicy food....make those red pepper flakes rain on your sweet potatoes.  Not so into spicy?  Ease up.  Love garlic?  Pile that shit on!  You catch my drift??  One of the things that I have enjoyed about cooking recently is that I have learned to adapt recipes to either what I have on hand or to my individual preference.  I always say that you should follow the recipe the first time, but after that....start making changes and make it however you like it.

So these sweet potatoes.  I have started to buy a ton of sweet potatoes every week and make about 4 cups of these babies to use throughout the week.  They work as part of a breakfast hash, on salads, as a side...you can eat them at all times of the day.



The other great thing about this recipe?  It's simple.  Simple foods are the best foods and you know exactly what is going into them.  You can (hopefully) pronounce all of the ingredients and they all add great flavor.  No fillers, no preservatives.  Good.  Whole.  Food.

Okay, so anyway.  Without further ado...here's the recipe!

Ingredients
1 sweet potato, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
1 tsp minced garlic (I use the pre-minced stuff in a jar)
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

Preheat oven to  400F.  In a bowl, mix all ingredients. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with olive oil spray. (I actually like to use a 9" x 13" glass Pyrex baking dish lined with foil, but metal cookie sheets work too.)  Evenly distribute potatoes on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.  Remove from oven and stir.  Bake for another 15 minutes, or until fork tender. Voila!  Done.



As you get more and more comfortable with this recipe, you will probably opt to save dishes and prepare it the way I do:  Line baking dish.  Dump in potatoes.  Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle seasoning in until it "looks right".  Super easy.  Also, notice that this recipe is for 1 potato.  You can always double, triple, or quadruple the recipe, as needed.  I think I have been able to get up to 3 sweet potatoes in a 9" x 13" glass dish.

to your health,

anne


No comments:

Post a Comment