Tuesday, September 11, 2012

chicken quinoa veggie bowl

So I just started eating my quinoa creation and decided that I needed to share it ASAP!  It turned out pretty yummy!  It's like a few of the best parts of chicken soup came together for this dish!  How yummy would it be with just carrots, celery, and peas?!  Maybe that can be my next adventure!  ;]

This is my first time EVER preparing quinoa, so I wasn't really sure what to expect, but it turned out okay!  I didn't use water to cook the quinoa, though...I used a chicken broth, instead!



P.S. I know it's not a great photo, but I am not a food stylist or photographer!  Don't hate!  :]


Ingredients:
1 chicken breast, cut in approximately 1 in. cubes
1 handful baby carrots
1/3 cup frozen peas
1/3 cup frozen corn
1/4 cup quinoa, prepare as package directs, but with chicken broth instead of water
Olive Oil
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Salt
Pepper
Parsley

Prepare as quinoa as directed on package, but with chicken broth instead of water.  Wait about 5 minutes before starting a frying pan with about 1/2 Tbsp. Olive Oil.  Drop in chicken and carrots.  The chicken will take less time than the carrots, so plan to take it out early or put it in later.  Season to taste with Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, S & P, and Parsley.  When chicken, carrots, and quinoa are prepared, microwave the peas and corn for about 1:30.  I just put them each in a small bowl and microwaved them together.  Drain excess water.

In a bowl, place prepared quinoa, peas, corn, carrots and chicken.  Enjoy!

See?  Easy!  Next time I am going to nix the corn and sautee celery and onion with the carrots and chicken.  Sounds like it will taste even better!

Anyway...that's all!  I might make some healthy blueberry banana bread later since I have some wayyy over ripe bananas that need to get used up!

Stay fit!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment